03:49
GMT +03:00 hours
RUB
Currency
St. Petersburg
Russia
St. Petersburg
Russia
Helsinki
Finland
Tallinn
Estonia
Stockholm
Sweden
Copenhagen
Denmark
Amsterdam
Holland
Oslo
Norway
Riga
Latvia
Warnemünde
Germany
Gdańsk
Poland
Klaipėda
Lithuania
It's interesting
10 tours
Сustom tours and private experiences in many languages
Hermitage Museum
The second-largest art museum in the world
Top places
Full immersion in the historical and cultural life of the city
Our tours
Original
St. Petersburg
SIGNATURE Back in the USSR
2
days
Activity level
Details
Private $ 269 PP
Hit
St. Petersburg
Delights Tour with Faberge Museum
3
days
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 385 PP
Private $ 439 PP
Featured by ATW4K
St. Petersburg
No-Rush "RUSSIAN DELIGHTS"
2
days
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 209 PP
Private $ 269 PP
Top
St. Petersburg
2-day "RUSSIAN HERITAGE"
2
days
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 299 PP
Private $ 319 PP
Original
St. Petersburg
Exclusive "RUSSIAN DIAMONDS"
2
days
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 239 PP
Private $ 319 PP
St. Petersburg
2-day "JEWISH HERITAGE"
2
days
Activity level
Details
Private $ 299 PP
St. Petersburg
"ON THE WHEELS" Tour
2
days
Activity level
Details
Private $ 279 PP
St. Petersburg
Exclusive "JEWISH HERITAGE"
9
hours
Activity level
Details
Private $ 179 PP
Featured by ATW4K
St. Petersburg
1-day "RUSSIAN DELIGHTS"
9
hours
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 109 PP
Private $ 179 PP
Original
St. Petersburg
Private "FAMILY-FRIENDLY"
2
days
Activity level
Details
Private $ 300 PP
Original
St. Petersburg
SIGNATURE Back in the USSR
2
days
Activity level
Details
Private $ 269 PP
Hit
St. Petersburg
Delights Tour with Faberge Museum
3
days
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 385 PP
Private $ 439 PP
Featured by ATW4K
St. Petersburg
No-Rush "RUSSIAN DELIGHTS"
2
days
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 209 PP
Private $ 269 PP
Top
St. Petersburg
2-day "RUSSIAN HERITAGE"
2
days
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 299 PP
Private $ 319 PP
Original
St. Petersburg
Exclusive "RUSSIAN DIAMONDS"
2
days
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 239 PP
Private $ 319 PP
St. Petersburg
2-day "JEWISH HERITAGE"
2
days
Activity level
Details
Private $ 299 PP
St. Petersburg
"ON THE WHEELS" Tour
2
days
Activity level
Details
Private $ 279 PP
St. Petersburg
Exclusive "JEWISH HERITAGE"
9
hours
Activity level
Details
Private $ 179 PP
Featured by ATW4K
St. Petersburg
1-day "RUSSIAN DELIGHTS"
9
hours
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 109 PP
Private $ 179 PP
Original
St. Petersburg
Private "FAMILY-FRIENDLY"
2
days
Activity level
Details
Private $ 300 PP
Museums and Places
Arts Square
Before the construction of the Square, the land was the hunting grounds of the Empress Anna of Russia. Then Russian architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli (1700-1771) created a garden maze on the site. In the early XIXth century, Russian architect Carlo Rossi (1775-1849) was commissioned to develop the land between the Field of Mars and the Nevsky Prospect. The Mikhailovsky Palace, which now houses the main building of the Russian Museum, stood out as its most prominent building. Rossi also designed the Square, and the facades of the buildings facing Italianskaya Ulitsa and Mikhailovskaya Ulitsa.
Hermitage Museum
The State Hermitage Museum is a museum of art and culture in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The second-largest art museum in the world, it was founded in 1764 when Empress Catherine the Great acquired an impressive collection of paintings from the Berlin merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky. The museum celebrates the anniversary of its founding each year on 7 December, Saint Catherine's Day. It has been open to the public since 1852.
Church on the Spilled Blood
The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood is one of the main sights of Saint Petersburg, Russia. Other names include the Church on Spilled Blood, the Temple of the Savior on Spilled Blood, and the Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ. Erected on the site where political nihilists fatally wounded Emperor Alexander II in March 1881, the church was constructed between 1883 and 1907, funded by the imperial family.
St. Isaac's Cathedral
Saint Isaac's Cathedral or Isaakievskiy Sobor is a cathedral that currently functions as a museum in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It is dedicated to Saint Isaac of Dalmatia, a patron saint of Peter the Great, who had been born on the feast day of that saint. It was originally built as a cathedral but was turned into a museum by the Soviet government in 1931 and has remained a museum ever since.
Catherine Palace
The Catherine Palace is a Rococo palace located in the town of Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin), 30 km south of St. Petersburg, Russia. It was the summer residence of the Russian tsars. The residence originated in 1717, when Catherine I of Russia hired German architect Johann-Friedrich Braunstein to construct a summer palace for her pleasure. In 1743, Empress Elizabeth commissioned Mikhail Zemtsov and Andrei Kvasov to expand the Catherine Palace. Empress Elizabeth, however, found her mother's residence outdated and incommodious and in May 1752 asked her court architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli to demolish the old structure and replace it with a much grander edifice in a flamboyant Rococo style. Construction lasted for four years, and on 30 July 1756 the architect presented the 325-meter-long palace to the Empress, her courtiers, and foreign ambassadors.
Yusupov Palace
Yusupov Palace was once the primary residence in St. Petersburg, Russia of the House of Yusupov. The building was the site of Grigori Rasputin's murder in the early morning of December 17, 1916. The palace was first built around 1776 by the French architect Jean-Baptiste Vallin de la Mothe. Over the years a number of architects worked on the palace including the famous Italian sculptor Emilio Sala, producing a variety of architectural styles. Andrei Mikhailov reconstructed the building in the 1830s after the princely Yusupov family acquired the property. This was the period in which the palace acquired its present-day appearance. The Yusupovs were immensely wealthy and known for their philanthropy and art collections. In this time, the palace became known as the Yusupov Palace.
The Saint Petersburg Metro
The Saint Petersburg Metro is a rapid transit system in Saint Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast, Russia. It has been open since 15 November 1955. Formerly known as the V.I. Lenin Order of Lenin Leningrad Metropoliten the system exhibits many typical Soviet designs and features exquisite decorations and artwork making it one of the most attractive and elegant metros in the world. The network currently consists of 5 lines with a total length of 124 kilometres (77 mi). It has 72 stations including 7 transfer points. Due to the city's unique geology, the Saint Petersburg Metro is one of the deepest metro systems in the world and the deepest by the average depth of all the stations. The system's deepest station, Admiralteyskaya, is 86 metres below ground. Serving about 2 million passengers daily, it is also the 19th busiest metro system in the world.
Peterhof fountain park
The Peterhof Palace is a series of palaces and gardens located in Petergof, Saint Petersburg, Russia, commissioned by Peter the Great as a direct response to the Palace of Versailles by Louis XIV of France. Originally intending it in 1709 for country habitation, Peter the Great sought to expand the property as a result of his visit to the French royal court in 1717, inspiring the nickname used by tourists of "The Russian Versailles». The architect between 1714 and 1728 was Domenico Trezzini, and the style he employed became the foundation for the Petrine Baroque style favored throughout Saint Petersburg. Also, in 1714, Jean-Baptiste Alexandre Le Blond, likely chosen due to his previous collaborations with Versailles landscaper André Le Nôtre, designed the gardens. Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli completed an expansion from 1747 to 1756 for Elizabeth of Russia. The palace-ensemble along with the city center is recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Neva River
The Neva is a river in northwestern Russia flowing from Lake Ladoga through the western part of Leningrad Oblast (historical region of Ingria) to the Neva Bay of the Gulf of Finland. Despite its modest length of 74 kilometres (46 mi), it is the fourth largest river in Europe in terms of average discharge (after the Volga, the Danube and the Rhine). The Neva is the only river flowing from Lake Ladoga. It flows through the city of Saint Petersburg, three smaller towns of Shlisselburg, Kirovsk and Otradnoye, and dozens of settlements. The river is navigable throughout and is part of the Volga–Baltic Waterway and White Sea – Baltic Canal. It is a site of numerous major historical events, including the Battle of the Neva in 1240 which gave Alexander Nevsky his name, the founding of Saint Petersburg in 1703, and the Siege of Leningrad by the German army during World War II. The Neva river played a vital role between the trade of Byzantium and Scandinavia.
Sevkabel Port
Red-brick industrialism meets wall-size murals, eateries for every taste, and of course, music and performances, at this newest seaside addition to the St. Petersburg hip scene.
Nevsky Prospect
Nevsky Prospect is the main street in the city of St. Petersburg in Russia. It takes its name from the Alexander Nevsky Lavra, the monastery which stands at the eastern end of the street, and which in turn commemorates the Russian hero Prince Saint Alexander Nevsky (1221-1263). Following his founding of Saint Petersburg in 1703, Tsar Peter I planned the course of the street as the beginning of the road to Novgorod and Moscow. The avenue runs from the Admiralty in the west to the Moscow Railway Station and, after veering slightly southwards at Vosstaniya Square, to the Alexander Nevsky Lavra. Major sights include the Rastrelliesque Stroganov Palace, the huge neoclassical Kazan Cathedral, the Art Nouveau Bookhouse, Elisseeff Emporium, half a dozen 18th-century churches, a monument to Catherine the Great, an enormous 18th-century shopping mall, a mid-19th-century department store, the Russian National Library, the Anichkov Bridge with its horse statues, and the Singer House.
Faberge Museum
The Fabergé Museum in Saint Petersburg, Russia, is a privately-owned museum which was established by Viktor Vekselberg and his Link of Times foundation in order to repatriate lost cultural valuables to Russia. The museum is located in the center of Saint Petersburg at Shuvalov Palace (21, Fontanka River Embankment) on the Fontanka River. The museum's collection contains more than 4,000 works of decorative applied and fine arts, including gold and silver items, paintings, porcelain and bronze. A highlight of the museum's collection is the group of nine Imperial Easter eggs created by Fabergé for the last two Russian Tsars.
Grand Maket Rossiya
Grand Maket Rossiya is a private museum in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It is a model layout designed on a scale of 1:87 (HO scale) and covers an area of 800 m2 (8,600 sq ft). In this area, collective images of regions of the Russian Federation are represented. It is the largest model layout in Russia and the second largest in the world (after the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, Germany). The model is located in a two-story building built in 1953, in the style of Stalin’s empire. The creator of the project is a Saint Petersburg businessman Sergey Morozov. The model took five years to build and employed over one hundred people. First, a wooden frame to be used under the model was made. Then the foundations for the roads and railroads were made. Later, the model wooden ribs were installed and a layer of plaster (11 tons were used) was cast to create the desired shape of the landscape. The design of the surface took one specialist about a month per square meter.
Kazan Cathedral
Kazan Cathedral or Kazanskiy Kafedralniy Sobor, also known as the Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan, is a cathedral of the Russian Orthodox Church on the Nevsky Prospekt in Saint Petersburg. It is dedicated to Our Lady of Kazan, one of the most venerated icons in Russia. Construction of the cathedral started in 1801 and continued for ten years under the supervision of Alexander Sergeyevich Stroganov. Upon its completion in 1811, the new temple replaced the Church of Nativity of the Theotokos, which was disassembled when the Kazan Cathedral was consecrated.
Elisseeff Emporium
Elisseeff Emporium in St. Petersburg is a large retail and entertainment complex, including a famous food hall, constructed in 1902–1903 for the Elisseeff Brothers. Located at 56 Nevsky Prospekt, the complex consists of three buildings, although the corner one is the structure that is referred to as Elisseeff’s store or shop.
Singer House
Singer House, also widely known as the House of the Book, is a building in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It is located at the intersection of Nevsky Prospekt and the Griboyedov Canal, directly opposite the Kazan Cathedral. It is recognized as a historical landmark, has official status as an object of Russian cultural heritage and serves as the headquarters of the VKontakte.
Sphinxes Statue
Quay with Sphinxes (Sphinxes at the Universitetskaya Embankment) is a quay at the Universitetskaya Embankment in Saint Petersburg, in front of the Imperial Academy of Arts. It is remarkable for the two ancient sphinxes that were brought from Egypt to Russia at the height of Egyptomania in 1832. The quay was completed in 1834.
Spit of the Basil Island
Having laid down Peter and Paul Fortress on the Hare Island, Peter the First wanted St. Petersburg to become a sea fortress and a shopping center. But because of the shallow waters the port on the Petrograd side could not develop and it was decided to transfer it to the Vasilievsky Island. Eastern Cape of the island, where the Neva is divided into the Bolshaya and Malaya, was named the Arrow of the Vasilyevsky Island, or the Spit of the Basil Island. Peter planned to make it a business and commercial center.
Smolny Convent
Smolny Convent or Smolny Convent of the Resurrection (Voskresensky), located on Ploschad Rastrelli, on the bank of the River Neva in Saint Petersburg, Russia, consists of a cathedral (sobor) and a complex of buildings surrounding it, originally intended for a convent. This Russian Orthodox convent was built to house Elizabeth, the daughter of Peter the Great. After she was disallowed succession to the throne, she opted to become a nun. However, her Imperial predecessor, Ivan VI, was overthrown during a coup d'état (carried out by the royal guards in 1741). Elizabeth decided against entering monastic life and accepted the offer of the Russian throne. Work on the convent continued with her royal patronage.
Russian cruiser Aurora
Aurora is a 1900 Russian protected cruiser, currently preserved as a museum ship in Saint Petersburg. Aurora was one of three Pallada-class cruisers, built in Saint Petersburg for service in the Pacific. All three ships of this class served during the Russo-Japanese War. Aurora survived the Battle of Tsushima and was interned under US protection in the Philippines, and eventually returned to the Baltic Fleet. The second ship, Pallada, was sunk by the Japanese at Port Arthur in 1904. The third ship, Diana, was interned in Saigon after the Battle of the Yellow Sea. One of the first incidents of the October Revolution in Russia took place on the cruiser Aurora, which reportedly fired the first shot, signalling the beginning of the attack on the Winter Palace.
The Peter and Paul Fortress
The Peter and Paul Fortress is the original citadel of St. Petersburg, Russia, founded by Peter the Great in 1703 and built to Domenico Trezzini's designs from 1706 to 1740 as a star fortress. In the early 1920s, it was still used as a prison and execution ground by the Bolshevik government. Today it has been adapted as the central and most important part of the State Museum of Saint Petersburg History. The museum has gradually become virtually the sole owner of the fortress building, except the structure occupied by the Saint Petersburg Mint (Monetniy Dvor).
The Stroganov Palace
The Stroganov Palace is a Late Baroque palace at the intersection of the Moika River and Nevsky Prospect in St. Petersburg, Russia. The palace was built to Bartolomeo Rastrelli's designs for Baron Sergei Grigoriyevich Stroganov in 1753-1754. The interiors were remodeled by Andrei Voronikhin at the turn of the 19th century.
Cats' Museum
The Saint-Petersburg Cats' museum is the first and the only museum in Russia, which is devoted to cats. The establishment took place at 20-th of December of 2008. During excursions our visitors are learned about the history of a cat (especially about Petersburg's part of history), about its biology, and its image in art. A cat serves as a muse for writers, poets, musicians and artists for ages. Expositions are arranged for visitors of all ages to wonder and apply their exploratory abilities. Museum is also interesting for felinologists, who discover something new and unexplored. For beginners there is special light itinerary: all the knowledge goes right to heart of catfun in a unobtrusive way. All year round there are special exhibitions of collectors and animal painters, exhibitions of pets, theme events, interactive games. The museum organizes guest expositions, takes part in many city events and cooperates with other organizations. The museum's symbols are real cats with difficult destinies but sociable characters love and meet gaily guests in any time! That is why the museum is a great place for family pastime!
Shadow Museum
It is a unique art space where modern art objects in the style of shadow art are represented. All the art works are connected in a unified exposition which is dedicated to St. Petersburg. "Shadow Museum" develops creative thinking, shows an unusual view of the world and teaches us to find new images in habitual things. Plunging into the atmosphere of confrontation between light and shadow, visitors get the opportunity to see themselves and everything that surrounds them from an unexpected side.
Field of Mars
The Field of Mars is a large square in the centre of Saint Petersburg. Over its long history it has been alternately a meadow, park, pleasure garden, military parade ground, revolutionary pantheon and public meeting place. The space now covered by the Field of Mars was initially an open area of swampy land between the developments around the Admiralty, and the imperial residence in the Summer Garden. It was drained by the digging of canals in the first half of the eighteenth century, and initially served as parkland, hosting a tavern, post office and the royal menagerie.
KGB headquarters
Bolshoy Dom is an office building located at 4 Liteyny Avenue in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It is the headquarters of the local Saint Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast branches of the Federal Security Service of Russia (FSB) and Main Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. The building is located in the Central District of Saint Petersburg at the beginning of Liteyny Prospekt, one block from the Neva River, at the site of Imperial Russian Old Armoury Building which burned down in 1917. It was originally constructed in 1931–32 for the Joint State Political Directorate (OGPU), the secret police of the Soviet Union at the time.[2] The building was designed by Soviet architects Noi Trotsky, Alexander Gegello and Andrey Ol in the late Constructivist style. The Bolshoy Dom building is part of a larger complex which includes the detention facility on Shpalernaya Street, with both gaining notoriety as a prison during the Great Purge under Joseph Stalin. In July 1934, the building became local headquarters of the newly-created People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs (NKVD), when the OGPU was reincorporated as the Main Directorate of State Security (GUGB) of the NKVD. Bolshoy Dom subsequently became the local headquarters for the more widely known Committee for State Security (KGB) when it replaced the NKVD, and remained under KGB usage until the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. Bolshoy Dom became the subject of numerous urban legends in Soviet and Russian culture due to its association with the secret police, including all buildings of the FSB being nicknamed Bolshoy Dom. The common conspiracy theory about the building is that it contains a large amount of secret underground floors, leading to jokes about Bolshoy Dom being the tallest building in Saint Petersburg. There is also a legend that the building survived the Siege of Leningrad during World War II because Nazi Germany was aware that German prisoners of war were housed in the top floor, preventing it from being bombed.
Museum of Soviet Lifestyle
The first in Russia Museum of soviet life was opened in 1991 in Kazan and has now become a single large project in different cities and countries. In 2017, it opened doors in St. Petersburg. The museum contains objects of 70-80s, which were present in the life of almost every Soviet person. The world is constantly transformed, technical progress changes the appearance and functionality of things, ordinary everyday objects suddenly become important witnesses of the epoch and turn into museum exhibits. The purpose of the museum is not to show the achievements of the Soviet period, but to cause people warm memories and positive emotions. It turned out that this museum is no less interesting for young people, since the objects surrounding their parents in their youth are now out of use. You can: touch a part of the exposition, play games, try on clothes, take photographs, and also purchase souvenirs!
The State Museum of the Political History of Russia
The State Museum of Political History of Russia (before Aug. 1991 — State Museum of Revolution) is a historical and political museum. The city that has gone through 3 revolutions just in 12 years (2 of which only in 1917) has no right not to have a museum devoted to the revolution. Want to learn more about all the political turmoil that the Russian empire, and then the Soviet empire went through, then this museum welcomes you to show its unique collection numbering over 450 thousand exhibits.
The Jewish Kolomna District
In the 1880s, St. Petersburg had 16,000 Jewish residents – the largest community outside the Pale of Settlement. Offering more jobs and a thriving art scene, this city became the centre of the Jewish community, attracting intellectuals, writers, and artists. The Kolomna District especially was a major centre of Jewish life for two centuries. Here, you’ll find the Grand Choral Synagogue – a Moorish-style architectural masterpiece, St. Petersburg’s first synagogue.
Grand Choral Synagogue of St. Petersburg
The Grand Choral Synagogue of St. Petersburg is the third largest synagogue in Europe. It was built between 1880 and 1888, and consecrated in December 1893. The Synagogue is located at 2 Lermontovskii Prospekt, St. Petersburg, Russia. The Chief Rabbi of St. Petersburg is Menachem Mendel Pewzner. Today the Great Choral Synagogue of St. Petersburg is a registered landmark and an architectural monument of federal importance.
Museum of Ethnography
The Russian Museum of Ethnography is a museum in St. Petersburg that houses a collection of about 500,000 items relating to the ethnography, or cultural anthropology, of people of the former Russian Empire and the Soviet Union. The museum was set up in 1902 as the ethnographic department of the Russian Museum. It is housed in a purpose-built Neoclassical building erected between 1902 and 1913 to Vasily Svinyin's design in the proximity of the Mikhailovsky Palace (which accommodates the art collection of the Russian Museum). It occupies the place of the eastern service wing, the stables and the laundry of the palace.
Jewish cultural center YESOD
YESOD is home. Only it isn’t home for just one person, or family, but for all who need it. You can add any adjective to our home: Jewish, cultural, social, urban or international. The main thing is the very “foundation” (in Hebrew “esod”) of the idea of home. At home, people are always happy to see you, they always help you, and home is always warm and protective. Here you will read about all the programs the YESOD center has to offer in our community home.
Shuvalovka Village
The Russian Village of Shuvalovka is a wonderful cultural experience. Visitors can see what life in a northern village was like hundreds of years ago. The modern village of Shuvalovka is a copy of what the community looked like in 1714. The original neighbourhood was started by five Finnish farming families. Over the years, various people got the land and new buildings and shops were added. At one time in its history Count Ivan Shuvalov was the owner of the land.
Museum of the Defense and Siege of Leningrad
The exposition of the museum is dedicated to the battle for Leningrad - the longest battle during the Great Patriotic war, and the Siege of Leningrad - the most horrible siege in the history of mankind. Exhibits of the museum document perhaps the most tragic and harrowing period in the city’s history, commemorating extraordinary heroism of Leningrad citizens and defenders.
Kirov’s Memorial Apartment
In the apartment number 20 Sergey Kirov lived from March 1926 till December 1, 1934 along with his wife, Maria Marcus. Sergey M. Kirov’s Museum includes memorial five-room apartment, where the daily life of a Party leader in Stalin’s epoch is presented. The Kirov’s home office, library, dining room, bedroom, recreation room, kitchen, the front and maid’s entrance halls are opened for visitors. Kirov’s apartment is remarkable for the unique collection of authentic personal belongings of Kirov and entirely intact interior elements.
Smolny Institute
The Smolny Institute is a Palladian edifice in St. Petersburg that has played a major part in the history of Russia. The building was commissioned from Giacomo Quarenghi by the Society for Education of Noble Maidens and constructed in 1806–08 to house the Smolny Institute for Noble Maidens [ru], established at the urging of Ivan Betskoy and in accordance with a decree of Catherine II (the Great) in 1764, borrowing its name from the nearby Smolny Convent. The establishment of the institute was a significant step in making education available for females in Russia: "The provision of formal education for women began only in 1764 and 1765, when Catherine II established first the Smolny Institute for girls of the nobility in St. Petersburg and then the Novodevichii Institute for the daughters of commoners."
Moyka River
One of James Bond’s sights: The Moyka River is a small river in Russia that encircles the central portion of Saint Petersburg, effectively making it an island. The river, originally known as Mya, derives its name from the Ingrian word for "slush" or "mire". It is 5 kilometres (3 mi) long and 40 metres (130 ft) wide.
Birzhevoy Bridge
One of James Bond’s sights: Exchange Bridge (Birzhevoy bridge) is a bascule bridge in Saint Petersburg, opened in 1894. The bridge crosses the Little Neva River (distributary of Neva River) close to the Exchange Square and connects the Vasilyevsky and Petrogradsky islands.
Bronze Horseman
The Bronze Horseman (literally "copper horseman") is an equestrian statue of Peter the Great in the Senate Square in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Commissioned by Catherine the Great, it was created by the French sculptor Étienne Maurice Falconet. The name comes from an 1833 poem of the same name by Aleksander Pushkin, which is widely considered one of the most significant works of Russian literature. The statue is now one of the symbols of Saint Petersburg.
Palace Bridge
Palace Bridge, a road and foot-traffic bascule bridge, spans the Neva River in Saint Petersburg between Palace Square and Vasilievsky Island. Like every other Neva bridge (except for Big Obukhovsky Bridge), it is drawn by night, making foot travel between various parts of the city virtually impossible. It was built by the French firm Société de Construction des Batignolles between 1912 and 1916.
Trinity Cathedral
The Trinity Cathedral, sometimes called the Troitsky Cathedral, in Saint Petersburg, is a late example of the Empire style, built between 1828 and 1835 to a design by Vasily Stasov. It is located due south of the Admiralty on Izmaylovskiy Prospekt, not far from the Tekhnologichesky Institut Metro station.
Summer Garden
The park was personally designed by Tsar Peter in 1704, supposedly, with the assistance of the Dutch gardener and physician Nicolaas Bidloo. Starting from 1712, the planting of the Summer Garden was further elaborated by the Dutch gardener Jan Roosen, who was the chief gardener of the park till 1726. The well-known French architect Jean-Baptiste Le Blond, who arrived in St. Petersburg in 1716, added to the park the flavour of a Garden à la française. The Summer Garden was largely completed in 1719. The walks were lined with a hundred allegorical marble sculptures, executed by Francesco Penso, Pietro Baratta, Marino Gropelli, Alvise Tagliapietra, Bartolomeo Modulo and other Venetian sculptors that were acquired by Sava Vladislavich. In the late 20th century, 90 surviving statues were moved indoors, while modern replicas took their place in the park.
Michael's Castle
St. Michael's Castle was built to the south of the Summer Garden and replaced the small wooden palace of Empress Elizabeth Petrovna. Afraid of intrigues and assassination plots, Emperor Paul I disliked the Winter Palace where he never felt safe. Due to his personal fascination with medieval knights and his constant fear of assassination, the new royal residence was built like a castle around a small octagonal courtyard. The building with rounded corners was surrounded by the waters of the Moika River, the Fontanka River and two specially dug canals (the Church Canal and the Sunday Canal), transforming the castle area into an artificial island which could only be reached by drawbridges. One of the sights where the James Bond movie "GoldenEye" was filmed.
The General Staff Building
The General Staff Building is an edifice with a 580 m long bow-shaped facade, situated on Palace Square in Saint Petersburg, Russia, in front of the Winter Palace. The monumental Neoclassical building was designed by Carlo Rossi in the Empire style and built in 1819–1829. It consists of two wings, which are separated by a tripartite triumphal arch adorned by sculptors Stepan Pimenov and Vasily Demuth-Malinovsky and commemorating the Russian victory over Napoleonic France in the Patriotic War of 1812. The arch links Palace Square through Bolshaya Morskaya Street to Nevsky Prospekt.
Anichkov Bridge
The Anichkov Bridge is the oldest and most famous bridge across the Fontanka River in Saint Petersburg, Russia. The current bridge, built in 1841-42 and reconstructed in 1906-08, combines a simple form with some spectacular decorations. As well as its four famous horse sculptures (1849–50), the bridge has some of the most celebrated ornate iron railings in Saint Petersburg. The structure is mentioned in the works of Pushkin, Gogol, and Dostoevsky.
Continue your trip
Copenhagen
Private Introduction with Airport Transfer
3
hours
Activity level
Details
Private $ 205 PP
Top
Original
Helsinki
Panoramic Helsinki
4
hours
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 60 PP
Private $ 165 PP
Featured by ATW4K
Tallinn
Old Town Walking Tour
5
hours
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 55 PP
Private $ 95 PP
Stockholm
Sightseeing and Canal Boat Ride
5
hours
Activity level
Details
Private $ 334 PP
Copenhagen
Copenhagen Highlights & Hamlet’s Castle
7
hours
Activity level
Details
Private $ 345 PP
Copenhagen
Private Introduction with Airport Transfer
3
hours
Activity level
Details
Private $ 205 PP
Top
Original
Helsinki
Panoramic Helsinki
4
hours
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 60 PP
Private $ 165 PP
Featured by ATW4K
Tallinn
Old Town Walking Tour
5
hours
Activity level
Details
Flat-rate $ 55 PP
Private $ 95 PP
Stockholm
Sightseeing and Canal Boat Ride
5
hours
Activity level
Details
Private $ 334 PP
Copenhagen
Copenhagen Highlights & Hamlet’s Castle
7
hours
Activity level
Details
Private $ 345 PP